Ledger Live is a wallet app for Ledger users. It helps you manage your crypto and other assets. The best feature of Ledger Live is that it offers live price updates, a very simple setup and several account management. Both the Ledger Nano X and Ledger Nano S device users can easily import their accounts to the Ledger Live app. It offers support for over 1800 cryptocurrencies like XRP, Bitcoin, Dogecoin, and Ethereum.
Ledger Live Wallet Features
Here’s a list of its top features.
- Instead of downloading various apps for managing your currencies, Ledger Live enables you to do it all at one place.
- Ledger Live supports 1800+ currencies.
- It is very easy to use compared to earlier wallet apps.
- Ledger Live app is available for both Android and iOS and it works with both Ledger Nano X and Nano S.
- You can also download it on your desktop as it’s available for Windows, Mac and Linux.
- You can import your already existing Ledger account to Ledger Live.
- This app allows you to check your portfolio value in real time.
How to Download the Ledger Live App?
Following are the steps for downloading the Ledger Live app.
- Visit the official website of Ledger.
- Then, go to the Ledger Live page.
- In the Download The App section, select whether you want to download the app for Desktop or Mobile.
- Then, select your device’s operating system. On Desktop, it is available for Windows, Mac and Linux. While on Mobile, it is available for Android and iOS.
- Click the Download button to start the download.
- They also offer an Uninstaller for Desktop in case you need to uninstall it from your device.
- Option to download the uninstaller is available right below the Download Ledger Live button.
How to Setup Ledger Live Desktop App?
This is how you can set up your Ledger Live Desktop app.
- Open Ledger Live on your Desktop.
- After that, you’ll see a Get Started button on the first screen. Simply, click on it.
- Select the Set Up method. Choose whether you are setting up a new device or restoring with a recovery phrase.
- Then, select your Ledger device name and click Continue.
- After that, you will have to complete a Security Checklist. This is to make sure that your Ledger device is genuine.
- Ledger Live also provides you with an option to create a password. If you don’t want it, just click Skip this step. Otherwise just enter a new password and click on Continue.
How to Add an Account to Ledger Live?
- Click on Accounts in the sidebar on the left. If you don’t have the option to click on it, choose Portfolio first.
- Then, select “Add account.”
- Choose the cryptocurrency for the account you want to add from the drop-down menu or by entering it in. Also, a currency may not be supported by Ledger Live if you don’t see it.
- Get your Ledger device connected and unlocked. After Ledger Live has finished installing the required software, launch this app on your Ledger device.
- Then, select the accounts you want to add and click Continue.
- If you have to add any other accounts, click Add more or just select Done.
How to Rename your Account in Ledger Live?
This is how you can rename any Ledger Live account.
- Firstly, choose the Accounts tab in Ledger Live.
- Then, to rename an account, tap on it.
- The account’s detailed details will open.
- On your screen, click the little wrench located in the upper-right corner.
- After that, the window for account settings will open.
- Enter the account’s new name in the “Account name” column.
- Finally, press Apply.
- You now have a new account name!
What is the difference between Ledger Live and Ledger Devices?
With the Ledger live mobile app, users can access their accounts by using a USB connection to link their Ledger device to a computer or smartphone. It is really good for short transactions and is simple to use. To store cryptocurrency offline, one can use Ledger hardware wallets like the Nano S.
How do I move my Ledger Live account to Ledger device?
- In the Wallet section, tap See All Assets.
- Then, tap on the Plus sign.
- Now, tap Import from Desktop.
- Now open Ledger Live on your Desktop and visit the export accounts section. It’ll show you a QR code.
- Then, scan that QR with your phone and click Export.
- After selecting the accounts you wish to import, click the Import button and that’s it.
How do I remove an account from Ledger Live Mobile?
- First, open the Ledger Live mobile app.
- Then, tap the crypto asset button.
- Go down to the Accounts section and tap the Settings gear icon next to the account you want to remove.
- Then, tap the Remove Account button and a pop up menu will appear for confirmation.
- Tap Delete to confirm your choice.